We understand weddings can be expensive so here are some of our tips to help you save some money
- What are your must have items? Write them in order of preference so when it comes to cutting the costs on things it wont be a rash decision.
- Why not have the same number of guests but bigger tables. This will mean you will have less centerpieces which will save you money on flowers.
- Cut the guest list-when was the last time you seen them or even spoke to them?
- Off peak season, how about not having it on a Saturday?
- Stay in the hotel the night before and save money on renting several cars on the day itself. Chances are the accommodation will be cheaper
- Don’t worry about sending save the dates. Why not send a Facebook invite or privately message everyone?
- Make your own stationary
- Make sure you factor in any trials/travel/DIY/postage/printing/alterations/
- If your venue allows you to supply your own drink why not have a shop around for the best deal.
- Insurance- you will probably spend more money on this day than any other day in your life Having insurance will give you peace of mind if something doesn’t go to plan.
- Know a budding musician? Why not have them play during your ceremony/reception?
- Have a friend who drives a nice car?
- February is an expensive month for jewelry and flowers so you may may to stay clear of booking your wedding around this month.
Planning in advance, or very last minute can have financial perks. Venues offer last minute deals and so do other suppliers. Likewise giving yourself a good amount of time to plan will mean you have long enough to save for the big day.
Do you have any tips to share with us?